Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Graduation nails

Hi ladies! Life has continued to be a little busy... for a number of reasons. I still had to finish hours for my practicum placement, then I started transitioning to an employee (started getting paid Monday!), I had graduation, and next week, I leave for BERMUDA! So life has been a lot of planning, packing, re-planning, running around, and generally going through the stages of becoming a grown-up. But I'm not going to let this blog die, don't you worry!

For graduation, I really wanted a nude, neutral color because I didn't want my nails to look crazy and unprofessional in the pictures. I searched through my many (correction: three) nudes and was unimpressed. But then I had an epiphany! A nude holo I purchased on a whim when I fell in love with Color Club's holos! And so my graduation mani was born: Color Club Love 'Em/Leave 'Em:



This was two coats with no top coat. To say Color Club does a nice holo would be an understatement. I'm afraid if anyone had noticed the holo (it was cloudy on my graduation) they would have stolen the show ;) Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating. But seriously, this was a gorgeous color and I don't know why I procrastinated so long. I thought it would be boring, but it was really beautiful and totally work-appropriate. Definitely scoop up a bottle of this if you haven't already: it's a great way to made nudes not so boring but still appropriate.

And next is my current mani, which is Bermuda inspired to get me through the rest of this week. This is Sally Hansen Sun Kissed, which could have also been called "Nickelodeon orange". I love it anyway!


Application was a little tough: bald spots, thin areas, the brush kept leaving brush strokes in the polish, but this is about 3-4 coats with Seche Vite and it looks great! I'm a little wary of it being very work-appropriate but... I'm leaving on vacation on Sunday, who cares?!

So what do you ladies think? Was Love 'Em/Leave 'Em the best pick for graduation? What would you have chosen? For Bermuda, I'm planning to try out those Sally Hansen nail sticker thingys, since they supposedly last up to 10 days and I don't want to bring my stash of polishes with me on my trip. So you're either going to have a very favorable or very negative review of those (either way, I'm bringing nail polish remover... just in case).

xoxo,
Amanda

2 comments:

Lindsay M. B. said...

I really love the nude holo! My graduation is in a few days, and your manicure is giving me some ideas... :D

Amanda said...

Hey Lindsay! Thanks for reading :) What did you end up choosing for your graduation mani?