Saturday, June 18, 2011

Yesterday's Haul!

Hello again! So yesterday I had the privilege of my boyfriend agreeing to go with me to a mall about an hour away so I could (a) get out of the house since it was my day off and (b) go to the stores for nail polish that we don't have here. Roughly translated, it means I went to the Icing and Ulta! My first ever Ulta trip! Yayyy!

First up, Ulta:


 OPI minis: Skull & Glossbones, Planks a Lot, Sparrow Me the Drama, and Stranger Tides. (I always feel like the minis are super super tiny, but then I remember most of my polishes only get used once or twice so... it's okay. And they're cute and precious.) (Side note: I know I said I wasn't going to buy from OPI anymore since their Coty acquisition but, well, I have no will power. I'm sorry. I'm donating money to cruelty-free causes right now!)


Ulta's Under the Sea collection: Don't be Shelfish, Mermaid in Heaven, A Tail of Two Cities, and Tip the Scales. Really shimmery, looks like they could work on their own but may need to be layered.


 I don't know why blogger flips pictures like that... anyway.
Ulta brand: Blue Streak, Celebutante, Scene Steel-er, and Pinata-yada-yada. (Going from bottom to top, which is left to right if you tilt your head thanks to blogger).

And finally, Icing. I actually want to give a shout out here to GlittaGloves. This extremely talented blogger also has the biggest heart! She and I were conversing on Twitter about how my local Icing closed, leaving me without lemmings fulfilled. She offered to send me them all the way from Canada out of the goodness of her heart! I appreciated it so much, and then when I got them on my own I knew I had to send her a little something as a thank you, so it'll be in the mail soon, Kirsten! (Click her name to go check out her blog!)


Okay, on top is one of the Duality sticks in Force of Love and Magnetic Attraction (famous for Force of Love being a Deborah Lippmann dupe).On bottom, from left to right: Chrome Teal, Epic Winning (Charlie Sheen lemming fulfilled!), Rock Star from Mars, Starlight, and Chrome Light Purple.

I absolutely cannot wait to use the glitter polishes. I'm not sure they're work appropriate so my plan is to do a NOTD today so I can wear it all weekend before work comes again. I'm always afraid glitters will chip, though. Do any of you have solutions for chipping?

Finally, this wasn't a shopping haul but from my friend Jamie on twitter (Jamieleelu). You've heard me mention her as "my twitter friend" before, but now she gets a name because she's awesome. She had a giveaway for getting 200 followers and she picked me for a custom gift! Here's what she sent (some inside jokes included):


Does this girl know me or WHAT? Pink, sparkly zebra flip flops, zebra card, some custom drawing (made with nail polish!), chocolate, and...


MAD AS A HATTER! You read that right. My ultimate, first official lemming fulfilled! I was so happy to see this, I think my boyfriend thought I was mad as a hatter when I opened the box and saw MAAH abbreviated in the card. This is the first polish I ever really, truly wanted and not being able to get it is what started my obsession with polishes (and specifically, trying to find a dupe for it). Well, the search is over! This may very well be what I wear tonight! Thanks Jamie!

So, see anything you like? Anything you want to see swatches of?
xoxo,
Amanda

5 comments:

Lindsay M. B. said...

Mad as a Hatter! SO LUCKY! And I too got the Pirates mini set. I love the minis. :D And all the colors in the set are great. Definitely worth getting. :D

Amanda said...

I am a very blessed lady! The mini set IS awesome. I wanted Sparrow Me the Drama and Planks a Lot... so it was perfect that it came with those 2 and the other runners up for the ones I wanted :)

Anonymous said...

Nice and thanks!

Minty said...

I'd like to see the Ulta set swatched and MAAH! Great haul! (:

P.S. I gave you a blog award: http://hautelacquer.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-10-award.html

Amanda said...

You got it, Minty! MAAH is coming soon (possibly next post) and I'm swatching the Ulta polishes now. Thanks for the award, that'll be up today I hope!