Thursday, June 16, 2011

Zoya Areej

Hey ladies! Hope you are having a good week. Since I schedule my own clients, I have Fridays off which means today is my Friday! :) And I only have three clients! :) :) I'm not going in until 11, so I thought I'd show you guys a post early today. This is my mani from a few days ago, Zoya Areej. This is two coats, one coat of Seche Vite (which you can see on my middle finger was shrinking my polish and creating all sorts of bumps and yuckiness, I guess when people said that a half bottle of SV is about as far as you get, they were right!)



A little fuzzy, but most color accurate.

Areej is a purple-pink that I really liked. When I picked it out of my untrieds, I wasn't sure why I had waited. It went on really smoothly and I thought it could even be seasonally appropriate (why is my brain going to the vampy colors when it's finally summer?!).

However, I have the following complaint: for Zoya claiming they are a long-lasting polish, I haven't had any luck with any of their polishes lasting very long. Areej was chipping within 12 hours, and the following day it was coming off in large sheets of polish, including an ENTIRE nail at once. I wonder if anyone else has these problems? I love their colors and their formula, but I hate that they don't last, even for someone who wears manis for about 24-48 hours.

Anyways, I was rustling through for something and I stumbled upon Wet N Wild Party of Five Glitters. I know, I know, another glitter topcoat? Well... yes. Like diamonds, a girl can never have enough ;) So I decided to put it on my accent fingers, ring and thumb.


Party of Five Glitters has silver, pink, red, and teal hexagonal glitter and some small round red glitter in it and I just love it. It's so colorful and the color combination really says "Party!" to me. (You can really see the damage SV did to my middle finger here :( )

So that's my post for today, what do you ladies think of Areej and Party of Five Glitters? Next post I'll have some skittles I did on a nail wheel playing with crackle and then a glitter comparison/dupe!

xoxo,
Amanda

No comments: