Saturday, July 2, 2011

Amanda does konad/fauxnad?! Well... not always well.

Hi ladies! Hope your weekend is off to a great start! I just came back from a Zumba class and I am exhausted! Have any of you tried it before?

Anyway, I was perusing my past posts and realized I very rarely, if ever, post manis with konad or fauxnad. Well, that is all about to change! I found this mani I did with BM-208. I was inspired from my friend Jamie on twitter who did a mani with that plate and this is what came of it:



So, this is not quite a nail fail, but pretty close. The pink is OPI Sparrow Me the Drama and the yellow is China Glaze Lemon Fizz. SPTD looks awful on me, I absolutely hated it. It's a weird pinky purple shade that is so light it nearly blends into my skin tone and makes me look sickly. Furthermore, it didn't stamp very well, as you can see on the ring finger that there are some bare spots where it didn't quite pick up the pattern. Plus, it was a little more sheer than I anticipated and from far away it just looked kind of orangey.

I wasn't very satisfied with this mani, so it barely lasted a day before I peeled, yes, peeled it off. *blushes* I am aware this is entirely against nail code to peel off polish, but I just could not help it. It started lifting and then suddenly I was peeling it all off. What's worse to you: chipped nail polish or peeling the remainder off?

xoxo,
Amanda

No comments: