Monday, November 21, 2011

BFF Week: Mandy of MandysSecrets

Hey everyone... continuing with BFF week is Mandy from MandysSecrets. Mandy (who is, by the way, not an Amanda!) is a beauty blogger who is my go-to makeup advice person. She's super knowledgable, friendly, and down-to-earth. Just talk to her on twitter and you'll see what I mean! We've had the opportunity to get to know each other pretty well through our crazy cat lady group and I look forward to our chats... without further adieu, Mandy, take it away!



Hey everyone! First of all, I'd like to say thanks to Amanda for letting me invade her blog today! I wanted to swoop in and completely redecorate the place, but she put her foot down.. so I guess I'll settle for just controlling her post. :) 

Today I have Zoya's Savita to show you. Amanda told me this was a polish she doesn't care for, so I knew this would be the perfect opportunity to show it some love. Savita is originally from the Matte Velvet collection and is quite possibly one of my all-time favorite purples.

It's a rich royal purple with a pinkish-purple/gold shimmer. Application was flawless, like with all Zoya polishes. Two quick-drying coats, and my nails were matte perfection. But if you know me, you know I'm not someone who can leave well enough alone..



Here's what happens when you top Savita with a top coat.. the pink/purple shimmer really comes out and just looks stunning. While it's not the most unique shade out there, it has a luxuriousness to it that I can't help but love.

Which way do you like Savita better: matte or shiny? I still can't decide!

Again, many thanks to Amanda for inviting me over to play.. I hope you're all enjoying your week so far!
♥ M

I must say, I love this polish on Mandy! I think I like it best shiny, but it's really great either way. Maybe it just didn't go well with my nail shape or skin tone or something. Anyway, I hope you guys liked Mandy's post and stay tuned for more of my BFFs this week!

xoxo,
Amanda

8 comments:

Fashion Footing said...

This is a really pretty color; I think I like it best shiny. Either way, it's a gorgeous purple!

Shannara said...

gorgeous purple, I love them both

Unknown said...

YAYYYYY!!!! Thanks for having me over! ♥ youuuu! :D

Jacqui of The Scholarly Nail said...

You can never go wrong with purple!

Amanda said...

I kind of love this on Mandy... why did I swap it away!?

Nicole said...

This is so pretty! I haven't yet tried a Zoya matte but I've heard they have a great formula. I think I like it best shiny, but I actually like both.

Amanda said...

Zoya mattes are amazing, they have such a unique shimmer matte but they have such depth with topcoat!

MissMidnightBlue said...

I love them both ways! such a pretty purple. I need some more zoyas.