Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Guest Post: Amanda from MaD Manis

Hi ladies, today I have a guest post from Amanda (isn't her name awesome? Great name!) from MaD Manis. She and her mother, Melissa, blog together and I just love that idea! Amanda (and Melissa, for that matter) is an incredibly genuine, sweet, and kind person who I've had the pleasure of getting to know through twitter, facebook chat, and our common love for our kitties. Meow! Anyway, on to her post for today, China Glaze Trendsetter.

Hello all!
I know I'm late to the party on this, but I just got some of the Metro colors recently. This is the one I was most excited to use so I thought I would share it with my fellow Amanda's readers!

Trendsetter is an awesome yellow-green mustard color with teeny tiny shimmer in it. It honestly kind of looks like the color of baby diarrhea.. that's the best way to describe it. It's one of those colors that's super, super ugly but still interesting  at the same time.
This one definitely got some weird looks. It's one of those colors that you either love or hate. I happen to love it because I'm a nail polish freak and I like anything weird and unusual, but I know some *normal* people don't have the same sentiments. :)



Application on this one was awesome! Pictured is two coats. Perfect consistency - no cuticle flooding or streaking. Really just perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better application. It makes the swatches look that much better!
I tried to think of some cool nail art to add over the top of this, but I think it's one of those colors that works better when left alone. It's definitely out-there enough as is, don't you think? I think adding to this would just be overkill and way unnecessary. 
I don't think I've ever seen another color like this. So if you like this one, I highly recommend going out buying it. It's just so unusual that I think every collection needs it!



What do you lovely ladies think? Yay or nay? It's definitely not for everyone!

Thanks, fellow Amanda! I'm glad to see this color on here because it's a) not a color I own and b) not a color I feature very often (if ever) since I avoid mustards, browns, and basically, non-glittery colors... although, this one looks great on you, Amanda!

xoxo,
Amanda

1 comment:

MissMidnightBlue said...

I love this color and I still don't have it.