Saturday, September 15, 2012

Geek Glitter: Rainbow Guard

Hi! So sorry that I've been MIA this week. I had a big exam to get my license on Thursday so I studied all week and was just worried and unfocused in general. The good news is I passed - so I get a raise and all that jazz :)

Today I have for you an incredible glitter by Geek Glitter, who was sweet enough to send me this bottle when I told her I liked a promo picture! Rainbow Guard is inspired by Game of Thrones (another reason I love it - my boyfriend and I both are into that show!) and features rainbow colors of glitter in small/medium size hexes, along with tiny holographic shimmer (or maybe it's microglitter...I can never really figure that out!)


The bottles are super cute so I included a couple pictures, her logo is adorable!


So for these swatches I used Essie French Affair as my base and applied two coats. The first coat I applied like a normal polish because I wanted the shimmer to be even and not just globbed on in random places. Glitter was somewhat sparse on the first coat, but I used a bit of dabbing with the second coat to put it where I wanted and I really liked the effect it had. The purple glitter really stood out to me because I feel like purple glitter is underutilized in indies a lot, but not here! I wouldn't wear this one alone but it's an amazing topper. I've worn this a couple times already, which is unheard of for me! I give this an A+ overall, even with the kind of-but-not-really tricky application.



PS Did you guys notice my subtle new watermarks? Also, this is my first post with a polish taken in my new lightbox! What do you think?

xoxo,
Amanda

3 comments:

Scholarly_Nail said...

This is so pretty! Love the little holo glitters with the big chunky rainbow pieces.

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Me too, at first I thought this was a silver frost with glitter in it but I like this MUCH better haha

girlsarepretty said...

This is cute! I wanna see it over a medium blue or white.