Sunday, September 9, 2012

OPI Coral Reef

Hi girls! I'm writing this post live since I just realized all my scheduled posts are all gone! Oopsie! Hope you're all enjoying your weekend! I had a really hectic, stressful week and I had to work Friday all day (usually I'm off or only work until 2 or 3) so my weekend feels stunted. I have so much to do today but I feel like doing nothing at all! I'll probably do the latter and then regret it later ;)

Today I have for you an oldie but a goodie, OPI Coral Reef. This is a linear holo from OPI's It's Summer For Shore collections from a few years back. I got this in that giant haul of old salon OPIs along with her sister, Sand-erella. Unfortunately, it wasn't particularly sunny on the day I wore this, so you just have to imagine the linear holo in the photos below.


Coral Reef is actually shockingly opaque for a holo, I only used 2 coats here. You do have to be careful with dragging, though, so make sure each coat dries completely. I added topcoat which did not dull the effect and I'm wearing my normal base coat, not an aqua base.


Overall, Coral Reef is gorgeous but I was a little disappointed. It's not as outrageously holo OR coral as I'd wanted it to be, but it's going to stay in my stash anyway for a rainy sunny day. I'm not sure it compliments my skin tone but I don't usually care about that anyway ;) Here's one last bottle shot to show you some of the holo:

xoxo,
Amanda

No comments: