Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pink Wednesday & Lazy 15: Dots

Hello everyone. Not feeling so chatty... quite a few things have me a bit upset lately but not getting into that here. Just understand my posts might be a bit quiet for a little while.

I'm back with another day of the Lazy 15 challenge and today's challenge is dots.


I started off with China Glaze Sexy Lady (one of my untrieds, I should get extra credit for mine and Madeline's November Untried Challenge, too) which was two coats of pink perfection (AND it's a pink... on a Wednesday!). Also, yes. My nails are complete nubbins right now and no, I don't want to talk about it.


Then, I got creative and made a "subliminal" message in my dots. I used my neon orange and yellow Migi pens and there's a little message in there in my dots!


I wasn't too impressed with myself because moments after making my dots, I managed to smudge a couple nails on a stray hair that miraculously dove off my head into my manicure. (You might also see my middle finger dots are no where near straight lines but... when you see what the shape on that nail was subliminally, you'll understand why I was struggling. Also, it was late.) I added some matte top coat which did anything but disguise the mistakes...


If you want to see the "subliminal" message (I admit, it's tricky to see...) check below the cut, after the pictures of all my fellow challengers manis!

xoxo,
Amanda





5 comments:

Fashion Footing said...

I love you too!!! And this is super cute.

Unknown said...

I didn't realize at first there was a hidden message but had another look and there it was!! Damn you stray hair!! I've got a dog, three cats and long hair that often impedes manis!! Great job!!!

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thanks, Alexis! I felt so brilliant when I came up with it and then my heart turned out wonky! haha

Kristine Jones said...

Aww sweet message!! Awesome idea and I think it came out really beautiful!!! :)

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thank you!