Friday, February 8, 2013

A Tale of Four Zoyas

Good morning everyone! Well, mostly us North Americans. But good afternoon and good evening everyone else! Today I have a little story for you about Amanda (myself, not my BFF Amanda who gets a gratuitous mention here because of my third person use of my own name... you're welcome) and her obsession with purple. You may or may not be aware, my favorite color is purple. I love a good lilac, or an almost-white light purple, or a grayed out purple, or a deep purple, or... well, you get it. But apparently when it comes to Zoya, I want ALL THE LIGHT PURPLES. So here's a comparison for you.

Left to right in all picture is: Marley, Kendal, Heather, and Jaime.


Swatch below is the same order as above, 2 coats for Marley, Kendal - 2, Heather - 3, and Jaime - 3.



So you can see the most different one is Jaime, which is more pink-toned than the rest and has shimmer. Marley has a shimmer as well, I believe, that gives it an almost-frosted look. Both Kendal and Heather are straight-up cremes but Kendal is more gray and Heather leans more pink. Sorry the picture seems to cast a shadow on them but I hope you get the idea. Which is your favorite? I think mine is Heather! (Also, side note - no, I probably don't need to own all four of these despite their differences.)

xoxo,
Amanda


9 comments:

Melanie Snyder said...

I'm not a fan of nudes, but I just wanted to comment on your comparison. I can't believe how similar these colors are. Zoya certainly seems to make some dupes or near dupes of it's own colors.

Amanda (Fashion Footing) said...

I am the same way with blues... and greens. And purples. OKay, most polishes. I have lots of very similar colors, but they are all different enough that I can justify owning them.

girlsarepretty said...

I think I like Heather best.

LacquerliciousLove said...

It's like they made a huge vat of one colour and then divided it and added a couple drops of something different to each one hahaha

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Me too!

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

This I can't justify for too long haha!

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Haha you're both right! I'm not sure how I fell for this one...

Leann said...

I'm not a big fan of nudes since i like the color to really pop, but they look good on you! Its crazy how close their colors are. i think thats how they get us to buy more, making colors similiar, but a little different so we need them all! :)
lfisher8509@gmail.com

Christina Wang said...

I actually have Kendal on now :)