Monday, February 4, 2013

Inspired by...

...Pinterest! Amanda and I decided to try our hand at some of the nail art we see on Pinterest and Instagram. (By the way, if you want to follow me, my username is amanda_npe on both!) My inspiration came from Pinterest, where I saw this post from Beauty Tips n Tricks.


My version is a little different as I chose different colors and rather than trying to draw hearts, I used iridescent/white heart glitter (I can make one heart well, two will be good but not the same, and three I get into rocky very mismatched territory).






For my version I used a set of scented minis that Amanda sent me, actually. I was fairly naive and didn't realize they were all scented until I started using them and HOLY COW was that a nasal nightmare. I didn't keep this on long because of the smell of four different scents going on at once. I used Cherry, Blue Raspberry, Orange, and Grape from Jolly Rancher/Nerds sets available at Claire's. They applied okay but were actually pretty difficult to remove, which surprised me. On the second coat, I added the hearts while wet and voila! Very easy start to my Inspired By... series :)

xoxo,
Amanda

14 comments:

Amanda (Fashion Footing) said...

Super cute fun times :-)

Madeline said...

That's really cute! Too bad about the smelly polish.

Nailtopia said...

This looks so cute, I love it.

Freshie said...

Very sweet mani!

Ema Sheistheone said...

wonderful! :)

Leann said...

i love this! I've seen this mani on pinterest too and have been waiting to do it. I never thought about using glitter hearts. i was trying to think of how the heck i'd ever be able to make a heart lol.
lfisher8509@gmail.com

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Yeah, it was an epiphany when I realized I can cheat at nail art with glitter haha!

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thanks!

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thank you <3

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thanks! I want to do it in light pink and lavender for Valentine's Day!

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Too bad... next time I'll do it with unscented ones haha

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thanks my dear <3

Melanie Snyder said...

I really love this mani, I love mismatched manicures. It's one of my favorites to do. I don't think I have any scented polishes, but I've really wanted to try them just to see what they're like.

Melanie Snyder said...

haha and I just noticed these are Jolly Rancher polishes, that's awesome! and there's Nerds polishes, too? wow, did not know that!